This one day course is for anyone interested in First Aid from a boating perspective.
This RYA First aid course is recommended by the MCA and HSE and fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including MCA Boatmasters.
- The Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
More information about the course can be found on the RYA First Aid web page.
This is a one-day classroom based course and no previous experience is necessary.
RYA First aid – Syllabus
The subjects specific to boating include:
- The recovery position in a confined space.
- CPR, including the drowning protocol.
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure.
- Seasickness and dehydration.
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF.
- Helicopter rescue.
Once you have completed the course you will be issued with the RYA Small Craft First Aid Certificate.
This certificate is valid for 3 years from the time of issue.
RYA First aid at sea course is a prerequisite for those taking Yachtmaster™ Coastal Skipper & Offshore Examinations.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
£80 per person