In a 2011 survey, it was estimated that 79% of all UK businesses were not First Aid compliant.
Often this is down to a lack of understanding of the HSE guidelines and general confusion about what is required from an employer’s perspective. This is especially true of small and self-employed businesses. Although there is guidance for employers as detailed in the HSE’s statutory L74 document, RAOFAN® will be the only online system to support the systematic approach they need, in order to create a Risk Assessment of First Aid Needs, particularly the numerous factors that need to be taken into account.
Guidance for employers is detailed in the HSE’s statutory L74 document. These guidelines can be difficult to interpret and keep up to date with. There are numerous courses available that help businesses understand their responsibilities and first aid needs. Such courses are often expensive and require precious time away from the business.
RAOFAN® – Risk Assessment Of First Aid Needs
To help overcome this issue, we provide a unique online tool (RAOFAN®). Developed to enables employers to complete their Risk Assessment of First Aid Needs online, in a number of simple steps that can take as little as 10 minutes to complete. RAOFAN® has been designed for ease of use, cutting through the jargon of compliance, enabling employers to ascertain their First Aid Needs quickly and easily and without the need for potentially expensive Health and Safety consultation fees.
RAOFAN® supports the systematic approach businesses need, in order to create a Risk Assessment of First Aid Needs, particularly the numerous factors that need to be taken into account
The online system provides:
- Guidance through the whole process of assessing First Aid needs with every factor taken into account
- The ability to record information about First Aiders
- A reminder system for re-qualifying their First Aid trained personnel
- An invitation to shop for kits and equipment
- Search facility for training courses so that any shortfall can be managed.
- Assessment review so that, as businesses circumstances change, assessments can be kept up to date.
- A ‘Certificate of Compliance’ is issued at the end for all eligible businesses, as well as a detailed report specific to the workplace.
It is hoped that this new tool will not only provide businesses with a compliant and better resourced workplace in respect of First Aid, but also improve the ability to deal with accidents far more efficiently, ultimately reducing absence.
RAOFAN® – Overview Video
First Aid Needs Compliance Benefits – The Statistics
The following ‘Injury and Ill-Health’ statistics as produced by the HSE in October 2014 highlight the potential risk of business interruption and employee absence as a result of injuries in the workplace:
- 1.2 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 133 workers killed at work
- 78 000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 629 000 injuries at work from the Labour Force Survey
- 28.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.2 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2012/13)
In Scotland specifically, recent surveys show:
- An average 22,000 non-fatal workplace injuries are recorded each year¹.
- 79% of businesses admit to first aid failings².
- over 1,000 cases of businesses being taken to court for first aid failings,resulting in fines for not having suitable first aiders present³
Employers are guided through the whole process of assessing their First Aid needs with every factor taken into account with a very supportive online system. They also have the facilities to record information about their First Aiders, a reminder system for re-qualifying their First Aid trained personnel, an invitation to shop for kits and equipment, as well as a system for searching for training courses so that their shortfall can be managed. As a businesses circumstances change, their assessment is always available for review so that it can be kept up to date. A ‘Certificate of Compliance’ is issued at the end for all eligible businesses, as well as a detailed report specific to their workplace.
¹Labour Force Survey, 2008/08 – 2009/10
²St John’s Ambulance survey, 2011
³St John’s Ambulance survey, 2011
Costs – Special Launch Offer
The Risk Assessment of First Aid Needs (RAOFAN®) tool is officially launched in September 2015 to all UK businesses and is available at a special launch price for a limited time.
|Workplace License||RRP||Special Offer|
|2 – 10||£100||£63|
|11 – 50||£90||£55|
In addition to the special launch price INDISkills are able to offer an additional 10% discount by using the offer code NUC10030.