What is Anaphylaxis?
An Anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death.
While food is one of the most common allergens, medicine, insect stings, latex and exercise can also cause a reaction.
Who is this training for?
This training is for qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders to enable them to recognise and treat anaphylaxis safely and effectively. When administering a medication it is important to recognise and differentiate between allergic reactions and the potentially life threatening anaphylactic reactions immediately. It is also essential to determine whether the individual has had an allergic or anaphylactic response to the medication in the past, prior to administration. This course is suitable for all First Aiders and healthcare professionals as well as those in a high risk environment where such medication is available.
This is a classroom-based course of 3 guided learning hours. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post course reading.
The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme. A range of subjects are covered that will enable:-
- The learner to have an understanding of the legal position on treating an anaphylactic reaction in the workplace
- The learner to have an understanding of what anaphylaxis is
- The learner to know the causes of anaphylaxis
- The learner to recognise the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- The learner to be competent to use adrenaline auto injectors safely and pass the information on in a safe and appropriate way
A certificate of attendance will be awarded on successful completion of this training. This course is also suitable for Continual Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.
£45 per person